LastPass Autofill Rules
LastPass is a very convenient tool for managing and autofilling usernames and passwords on internet sites. How does LastPass determine which inputs to autofill? My research and testing showed that LastPass as of 2/18/2019 uses the following rules.
- There must be at least one
<input type="password" />on the screen.
- If you have at least one password input then all the other text inputs will get the LastPass grey ellipses box.
- You can programmatically tell LastPass to ignore a field with
data-lpignore="true"on the element.
- Input fields with ids or names containing
userare candidates for LastPass to autofill.
- Having a single extra text input seems to confuse LastPass and no grey ellipses boxes show up.